Jun 29, 2011

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit


I remember when I was as little as 10 yrs old my dad used to buy these small transparent orange-colored face soaps (because I told him I wanted clear and pretty skin!) Many years passed since my dad has bought me that soap and I’m proud to say that now so many years later I still appreciate and love the same brand of soap. I did want to take the time and say that Neutrogena in my eyes have always took the time to offer quality products...and it's a plus as I happen to adore the Neutrogena brand. As a Neutrogena devout customer I was excited at the chance to try out their newest line of skincare, the Oil-free Pink Grapefruit line.

*The following products were sent to me to try out and review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by anyone.*
This is what the packaging looks like.....I currently have the body wash, face cream cleanser, facial scrub and face cleanser. Prices of each vary depending on where you get it from.


Up first is the Facial cleanser....


What they say it is/does:
'With an uplifting blast of grapefruit plus vitamin C, this unique formula clears blemishes and blackheads and eliminates oil and dirt without overdrying.'

product: 5 stars out of 5
packaging: 5 stars out of 5
quality: 5 stars out of 5
overall: 5 stars out of 5
Here is what I thought: Another great by Neutrogena! It cleans thoroughly without drying out the skin, it removes even the toughest of makeup, and I love the scent! I find this would work perfectly on those makeup wearers that need that extra benefit of working a cleanser in that will take care of current or future breakouts. Love it!

On a scale of one to ten I'd rate: 10


Cream facial cleanser

What they say it is/does:
'Powerfully clears blemishes and blackheads - Patented with Microclear.'

product: 4 stars out of 5
packaging: 4 stars out of 5
quality: 5 stars out of 5
overall: 4.5 stars out of 5
Here is what I thought: Not for me....Too moisturizing, may feel a little too much if you apply too much so a little goes a long way but I love the tingling minty sensation on the skin after applying, it is very refreshing. I feel this cream cleanser would be perfect on acne prone skin.

On a scale of one to ten I'd rate: 8


Facial foaming scrub


What they say it is/does:
'Gentle microbeads smooth away roughness without over-drying or irritation.' Contains the same blast of grapefruit plus vitamin C as in other products in this line.

product: 4.5 stars out of 5
packaging: 5 stars out of 5
quality: 5 stars out of 5
overall: 5 stars out of 5
Here is what I thought: I actually love this scrub simply because it isn’t too abrasive (such as the St. Ives Apricot Scrub) but it is gentle enough to use every other day. The scent isn’t overpowering and a little goes a long way (something I’ve always said I love). I find it bizarre that it says it 'foams'...Since using it I have yet to see it foam :) It lathers nicely, but not foams.

On a scale of one to ten I'd rate: 9.5

Body Wash

What they say it is/does:
'Unique formula clears body breakouts.Specially developed to treat body breakouts such as those on your back, shoulders, and chest without over-drying.'

product: 3.5 stars out of 5
packaging: 5 stars out of 5
quality: 3.5 stars out of 5
overall: 4 stars out of 5
Here is what I thought: Is wonderful as a body cleanser with added benefit of the acne medicinal feature, but I feel that the tiny beads don’t do much on the skin....they don’t burst or exfoliate the skin which render me to think these beads are a waste. I hardly feel them when applied to the skin and I only see them gathering on the floor of the shower. I use this body wash simply as a body wash because I really love the scent :)

On a scale of one to ten I'd rate: 7


In a nutshell:

Favorite of the 4 - The Facial cleanser, which smells great and removes all traces of makeup

Least Favorite of the 4 - Body Clear body wash

All 4 are patented with Microclear

The Oil-free foaming facial scrub and facial cleanser are Allure Readers Choice Winners (2009)

Body Wash - Beads are unnecessary but is a nice scented body wash

Facial cream cleanser - Best for skin with acne

Facial cleanser - Perfect for gentle makeup removal

Facial scrub - Perfect for gentle facial exfoliation

Scent - Clean pure grapefruit, not overpowering, just clean and fresh scent!

3 comments: