Jan 17, 2012

Makeup Diary: Collective Haul

With the holidays finally over I've been able to enjoy my cash for important stuff: Makeup! I placed a Hautelook order to finally retrieve some Jane blushes that I really love, I also dropped a few eyeshadows in my shopping cart. The 2 OPI's and NYX gloss I bought on a extended lunch break and I've been looking for a metallic blue eye kohl since losing my MAC one so I found one by essence that is really great :)

Jane Blush - Babydoll, Petal, Orchid Shimmer
Jane eyeshadows - Clubbing, Midnight
OPI - Sparrow me the Drama, Play the Peonies
NYX - Sweetheart
Essence - Heavy Metal


Lots of new polishes have been catching my eye lately so I managed to buy only the unique ones to add to my collection....But I am most excited about the light blue Revlon in the front there which is called Whimsical - a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air.

Sally Hansen - Glass Slipper
Nicole - Snowman of my Dreams
WetnWild - On a Trip, I need a Re-fresh Mint
Revlon - Buttercup
Revlon - Smoldering, Graceful, Mischievious, Chic, Whimsical

I can never have too many lipsticks! :) Don't know how I could have missed a few from Covergirl but I picked up Flame and from Maybelline Red Revolution and Pink Me Up. I found those new 14 hr lipsticks from Maybelline but only picked up Perpetual Peony to try. Had to pick up WetnWild's Megashield lipstick in 'It's a Girl'....seems like it would be a great color for the summer.

I ran into the new Rimmel lipsticks by Kate and picked up 08. That same day I passed by the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush display and decided to get Hot Tamale. Something tells me to keep the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow which I got in Painted Purple, but I feel like I should return it because the amount in the pot and the amount said it contains doesn't add up. Finally I fell for another blue eyeshadow, WetnWild in Stagedive.

Gotta love Sephora and their clearance sales plus free shipping with tons of samples! I picked up a Tarte for Trueblood Liptint, Hello Kitty nail polish in Red Sparkle, 2 Hello Kitty Glittercute eyeliners in Grapesoda and Telephone and a Tokidoki glitter eyeliner in Skeletro. I finally got around to trying the newest and lovely Tarte Amazonion clay blush which the color Blissful was calling my name. Wanted to try the Lancome L'Absolu Rouge lipstick so I picked up Fleur de Lis.

My Apothica sponsorship giftcard came in handy this month so I picked up Too Faced shadow insurance, my first Paul and Joe product ever, which is the undereye concealer in 01, and Deborah Lippmann's nail lacquer in Happy Birthday.

The Balm and the Beautiful palette I picked up at a recent trip to Marshalls, and at more than half the price off the original I couldn't resist getting it... I'm glad I did, the eyeshadows and creme blushes inside are amazing.

Both orders gave an array of samples: Tom Ford edp Violet Blonde, Skyn Iceland eye cream, Smashbox Photofinish primer and luminizing primer, Tocca edp Cleopatra, Ahava Extreme day creme, Nuxe body cream, Cartier edp Baiser Vole, and 2 Super Melon cartenoids eye creams.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your haul. you got a lot of lipsticks though! and isn't it funny. even the slightest change of pink hue, we find it reasonable enough to purchase different tubes haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all too :) I have grown to be in love with higher end luxury packaging on lipsticks, I better watch out it's going to break my wallet, lol

    ReplyDelete